Montclair PTO Meeting Minutes – 7:00 pm – March 17, 2016

 

Location: Montclair library

Called to order by Treasurer Kelley Stine at 7:03 pm.

 

                Introductions

 

Motion from Ali VanCamp Approve Meeting Minutes from February 2016

Vote: All in favor

Resolved: Motion carried; Meeting Minutes from February 2016 were approved

Minutes are posted in the hallway a few days after the meeting and on the website MontclairPTO.org.

 

Sean Leverty:

Projects: Community partnership teams have met with community partner Home Depot to negotiate help put in perimeter fencing around Garden House area. The district had to approve the project but it is now reaching the final stages. Home Depot came out to look at the plan. Our goal is to try to secure the area. Next step is to establish a date. May be asking parents to help on a Saturday. The fence will be from cafeteria to music building and Garden House

 

Kinder Orientation:  42 families showed up. Special thank you to Wendy and Mike Pringle, Kelley Stein, Chale Inman and Cheri Hanson who watched the kids while the parents met with the staff.  We will probably see more enrollment over the next couple months

 

March 29th Staff development day: No students.  The day will be focused on English language arts development and future ready with Jo Fidler.

 

Sean Leverty for Amanda Elliott, Teacher Liaison:

Thank you to those parents who supported Kindergarten orientation.

Almost all Night Party: Friday June 10, 60 slots are open. Party like a big kid is full but we can have a wait list so that if anyone drops out we can fill the spot. Amanda is coordinating. Ali suggested if she wants help from High School Students they would get service hours.

 

Kelley Stine, Treasurer:

Budget was presented and is attached.

 

Big check in from Target, still getting money from the winter fundraiser.

Valley Theater is not in yet.  Kelley added a line item for matching funds. The matching funds listed should fall under Winter Hawkeyes. 

 

Katie and Clint Peru are also trying to figure out how Nike does matching fund.  Kinder parents. Kelly has sent her documents to get Montclair PTO added. Keri Smith is also looking into the Nike match she will contact the Peru's .

 

Ali Proposes to put this in the minutes:

BY LAW CHANGE:

The PTO Board is presenting a change to the bylaws. Voting will take place at the April meeting. We want to change the verbiage of the two year maximum per position so if a person would like to stay in the same position for more than two years, they can.

CURRENT BYLAWS, ARTICLE 5, SECTION D:

d)    The election of new officers for the coming school year shall be held at the April meeting. Officers shall be elected for a term of one year, and shall assume their official duties at the last PTO meeting of the school year after the outgoing PTO officers have completed their business for that year, with exception of the treasurer's term. Officers shall be ineligible for more than two consecutive terms in the same position.

PROPOSED CHANGE TO BYLAWS, ARTICLE 4, SECTION D:

d)    The election of officers for the coming school year shall be held at the April meeting. Officers shall be elected for a term of one year, and shall assume their official duties at the last PTO meeting of the school year after the outgoing PTO officers have completed their business for that year, with exception of the treasurer's term.

 

2016-17 BOARD NOMINATION:

 

These are our 2016-17 Board Nominees:

President: Mike Pringle

Vice President: Robynn Schillace (Secretary Correction)

Secretary: Peter James

Treasurer: Kelley Stine

Volunteer Coordinator:  Amy Nokes

Volunteer Coordinator: Richelle Colenso

Thank you for stepping up and being willing to support our students, teachers and staff in this way. Voting will take place at April’s meeting.

Fund raising: Waiting on date for a fundraiser at Pietro’s night.

 

CarolAnne Tsai, Volunteer Coordinator:

Clothes Closet: Wednesday April 13 is our clothes closet date. We will need volunteers throughout the day from 9-4, two different shifts. It’s a great program that provides clothing, shoe, etc. for low income families in the Beaverton School District community.

 

Volunteer Software:  We will start sending out e-mails for the new software during spring break. Parents will have to set up user ID and have a background check.  We also need to coordinate with the office on when they get software as it will have to be installed for parents to check in.

 

Ali Van Camp, Volunteer Coordinator:

Auction:  Website for Auction is live for ticket sales.  Staff will get a free ticket this year.  Software will allow parents to donate a staff ticket this will offset the free tickets for the staff.  Staff will RSVP to Ali. Staff can purchase tickets for the +1.

In need of Kindergarten parents to coordinate grade level art for Kinders. First grade is up in the air, we have one class covered but the other 2 are not. Goal is to have one piece of art per grade.  Art by grade level gets more money for the school.  One first grade class wants to do individual pieces it was suggested then that the pieces go for $20 per piece instead of $10 like last year.  Keri Smith: How much class time would the parent have of class time to do this art? That is coordinated with the teacher, some classes have done projects over several weeks, others have spent less. Keri willing to take on Ms. Gibbs.  Ali: talk to Ms Barnes to see if has a parent she can ask to help.  PTO/Auction budget will reimburse for supplies.

Flyers will go home in backpacks for parents to donate things for the auction.

Cindy is coordinating weekly pick-up

 

OPEN COMMENTS:

Kelly Stine – moving forward for next year recommendation for a budget item added to provide lunch for the teachers during conference days.

Ali: when does budget for next year happen? Kelly, it can’t happen until after the auction. Ideally the budget is presented at the May meeting. What we make this year will be next years budget.

Thank you so much for coming tonight.

Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm

 

Attendance:

Kelley Stine*

CarolAnne Tsai*

Ali Van Camp*

Stacy Rains Kerwood*

Sean Leverty+

Keri Smith

Amy Nokes

Peter James

 

 

* PTO board members

+ Staff member